Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Perfect Mother's Day!!


Well I have to say I have had a wonderful day.  I woke up to breakfast in bed. (French toast with strawberries and bacon with cranberry juice. my favorite.) Then Dorothy says " mom I have the greatest thing for you it is mother's day you know. Get up!!" I got out of bed and headed into the front room where she had cleaned so well. It looked great. What a blessing she is to me. She is always thinking of others.  I decided to go back and lay in bed for a while so I turned on the game show network and started watching the whammy-thon. Larry climbed up next to me kissed me on the cheek and whispered" I love you mom." He just laid and snuggled me for about 20 mins.  Any of you who know Larry that is a long time. Oh how I treasure those wonderful moments.  Well we went to church and did the Sunday thing.  When we got home I decided to call my mom and wish her a happy mom's day.  While I was on the phone Matt and the kids decided to play pirates. They needed me to draw a treasure map and they were all dressed to play the part. It was precious.  It is days like today that I am so blessed and thankful to be a mother and a wife. I have a wonderful husband and children. I couldn't have asked for better.  I love you all. You make being a mother worth it.  

1 comment:

Norris Family said...

I am glad that you had such a wonderful mothers day. You are a great mom, and deserved it that is for sure.
So how is the new addition doing? Love the whole pirate thing, I think I would have got a kick of seeing Matt as a pirate.
I will be in SJ for the summer so we should try to get together a few times or something. Let me know.