Friday, March 21, 2008

Trace Adkins-- Celebrity Apprentice!!!


So today I had a really weird and exciting experience. I have been following celebrity apprentice. I have been backing Trace Adkins. He has played this game with the most integrity. Anyway they are playing for a $250,000 prize for their favorite charity. The charity he is playing for is called FAAN. It helps find a cure for children's allergies. Well as many of you know my dad does NAET.( allergy elimination technique) So as I was watching last night and he got so emotional about his daughter and her fight with allergies I thought to myself " I wish I could get a hold of him and just tell him what I know." So I mentioned it to Matt and we checked his website to see if he maybe he had a place for fan e-mail. He didn't. So this morning I got on the FAAN website to see if there was a way I could talk to someone and get a message to him. I called and left a message for Leslie. I figured that she wouldn't call back. Well I was not off the phone from leaving the message maybe two minutes and she called me back. I told her that I had some information for Trace on allergies. She said to drop an e-mail and they would make sure he got it. Then she said" Hold on just a second he just walked into are office. Let me see if he will take your call. A few moments later I hear " HELLO" ,in his deep voice. I almost couldn't speak. He is a very nice man and said he was thankful that I would share this information with him. Well we can mark that off the list of " I thought it would never happen" But definitely a highlight of my day: possibly the year!!!

10 comments:

Martin Family said...

Mom called and told me about this today! Awesome! I hope that he was able to understand that it really does change lives~ I wish I would have been watching apprentice!

Norris Family said...

That is so crazy and exciting all bundled up. I too am a huge fan of the apprentice all though I missed it this week, who got cut off. I would love to talk to Trace, he is so down to earth I love him on that show. What a girlie moment!!

Sarah said...

SHUT UP! That is so flippin cool. You talked to a celebrity. WOW. That really is awesome

Marci said...

Wow! I think I like him! How neat to share your info with him...hope he listens!

Jaime said...

That is SOOO crazy! I just saw the finale of this tonight. I had NEVER watched an episode-so thats weird I watched it and then come here to find you talked to him. CRAZY!

Aaron & Jane said...

Well, I found your blog and figured out how to comment!

azfinchfamily.blogspot.com

Jane

Ben & Jessica said...

hi. i just read ur comment...who are you exactly? i see that the hulseys are on ur blog...because i know them

Ben & Jessica said...

wow yeah way small world! that is cool. and this post is SO awesome!! i LOVE trace!

Mandy said...

I was dropping in to say how much I love coaching Dorothy, She is a RIOT! But now I have to say I am jealous about you talking to Trace Adkins! So Funny you lucky dog! He has always seemed like a nice guy. Good For You!

Curtis Clan said...

I remember that day well. You and I had been thinking the same thing about how would you ever contact Trace. He is like Sooooo HOT! lol I was way jelous when you called and told me and I'd love to hear that deep voice say "Hello". I hope that what you said touched him and he looked into changing his daughters life. We will most likely never know. Wow what a moment though!~