Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Oh How DUMB!!
So today has been a really challenging day. It's the first day since Macklee was born that I have gone out and done something with the kids. I took Baxter to play group and afterwards we picked Dorothy and Larry up from school. It was beautiful day so I thought I would spend some special time with the kids at the park. So off we went. We stayed at the park about and hour. I spent part of the time chatting with a friend I haven't seen in a while. I started to load the kids up and Dorothy started throwing a huge fit. I got her in the car told the kids to buckle up and headed to take a friend of the kids home. I got her home and realized that I had left Baxter at the park. I raced back to the park and LUCKILY my girlfriend had seen him before she left and put him in her car. How stupid do I feel????I AM HORRIBLE!!! The one thing I did learn is that parenting is a learning process and you can't be perfect all the time. I learned that you need to count your children before you leave to go anywhere. And last I learned that Heavenly Father sent me a little miracle today. There are so many other things that could have happened and didn't. He was watching out for my family today. Thank heavens!!! So if you ever feel like a bad parent just remember me and you won't feel so bad:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Jan!!! Half of me is cracking up and saying that's awesome! The other half of me wants to wrap my arms around you!! Oh man...what a day you've had! But if anyone could handle a day like that, it's you!!
I almost want to believe that you posted that just for my sake, that you read my Mothers Rant entry and wanted me to feel better. I think that it is moments like those that makes you greatly that you do live in a small town and a closer knit community. And it always brings back down to the spiritual level that you need to be at when miracles like that happen. Your a wonderful wonderful mom and I am sure this story will one to be told and laughed at when Baxter is older, one for the books.
I haven't checked your blog in a while. I love the update of all the kids, they are all getting so big!
Post a Comment