
Janis and Macklee both had their birthdays this week and what a fun time we had. Macklee's birthday was on Friday and she truly thought that she was the most important, she strutted around like the head honcho all day. We took the kids to and let them all pick out a gift for her and then after we had eaten we let them give them to her and, although I'm not completely sure she knew the reason, she tore into those presents it was so fun to watch her. The whole time she kept saying: Macklee's Macklee's.
On Saturday we celebrated Janis' birthday. A friend of ours told us that Old Navy was having a SALE. Now I don't know how many people know this but Old Navy is one of Janis' favorite stores, in fact to tell Janis that there is a SALE at Old Navy, well we just don't use those two words together in our house. Long story short the next thing I knew we were headed to Idaho Falls to go shopping. It was truly a thrill to see Janis having the time of her life. I honestly believe that there was not one shelf in the whole place that was not looked through. One of my favorite parts was to watch Dorothy looking through the racks of clothes right on the heels of her mom. Although I highly doubt that anyone else payed much attention to the Duo, it is recorded in my mind and it is a sight that will live on in my memory as long as I still draw a breath.
The Second favorite part of the trip was when we were taking the above photo. Every time we go to the mall Larry wants to stop and take a picture in one of the photo booths that they have, and it seems like every time he asks we're in a rush. As we were headed to the car we passed a booth and like clock work Larry asked to do it. My first thought was no. I mean we had just bought half of Old Navy, we had the stroller, I had no cash, blaa blaa blaa. However my wonderful wife, before I could answer said: Sure why not. The kids made a mad dash for the booth, we had a blast inside that stupid booth. Janis put a $5 in probably four times before we realized it only took ones, we laughed so hard then we tried to figure out how to get everyone in the picture again laughter. What a small thing that brought so many memories. Good call Larry. Love you Family.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANIS AND MACKLEE
Matt
9 comments:
Matthew, what a good guy you are!! We are soooo grateful for the update. Every one is getting sooo big--you and Janis excluded of course!! We love you all. P.S. The very best memories are of people, not places or things. That is why we have families. Yours is awesome--so is ours!! Dad and Mom
Matt - you are awesome! And happy bday to Janis and Macklee!
Happy Birthday Janis and Macklee! Sounds like both days were tons of fun! It's always nice to get some good quality time together!
Matt, What a sweet post! Love a husband that will blog. Happy Birthday Janis and Macklee! Sounds like you had a great time.
That was an awesome post. I love the pictures! I'm so glad everybody has happy birthdays! Love you guys!
Happy birthdays you two! Sounds like Old Navy and the booth were both a hit!
Might be the best post ever! Good job Matt!!! Happy birthday to Macklee and Janis!
HAHA sounds like you guys did have a good time and once again i suck as an aunt and forgot to tell mack happy b-day but i guess she pry didnt notice since she is little but next yr i will for sure!
Happy Birthday Janis and Macklee! Sounds like a fun day! Can't wait to see you guys when you come to town...
Post a Comment