Friday, August 14, 2009

Pocatello Triathlon 2009!!!

Well it has taken me a while to write this post for a couple of reasons. One I had to give it time to sink in that I actually ran a triathlon and two I have been pondering what I really learned during this whole process. So now it has sunk in and YES I will be running in the 2010 Pocatello Tri. I really enjoyed the sense of accomplishment. I think that this is the first goal, that was not gospel related, that I have finished. I really learned a lot about myself. Some weeks during training I just wanted to give up and never look back. But as I made it week to week I began to feel stronger. But nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, prepared me for the mental game I would be facing. I started the run and I was doing great I knew I could run three miles. But then into the bike I caught myself pleading with the Lord to be able to finish. I don't ever remember pleading this way with him except when I was in labor with my children. As soon as I finished the bike I knew I could finish. I jumped into the water and then next thing I knew I was crossing the finish line. I really felt like I had done something extraordinary. I really learned to lean to the Lord even for the small things. I made it and I did better than I had expected. Thank you to my mom who without a hesitation trained with me and kept me going. She truly is an inspiration to me in so many ways. I love you!! Can't wait to train again.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome pics... Thanks for sharing!!! Congratulations on a great job! I would have dies 5 min into it!!!! Love you and so proud of you!

Mamma Martin said...

Good, good, good for you! We are proud of you!!

Rylee said...

You DID do something extraordinary! Way to go!